Saturday, November 16, 2013

Week 3 MTC 11.9.13

Can it be week 3 already?! Sorry so sound like a broken record but every time I write these emails it hits me how fast time passes!
So this week some good, some bad, and some funny things happened to me. Ill start with the bad: We learned a huge lesson the hard way this week. We were teaching two investigators in one day and the first lesson went amazing. However we did not leave any time to plan or prepare for the second lesson. We thought since we were just teaching restoration we would be fine. Wrong! When you dont do all that you can do to prepare to teach. The Holy Ghost does not help you teach! And when the Holy ghost does not help you teach you can't understand or speak Tagalog! Since we have only been speaking Tagalog for 3 weeks We absolutely need the Gift of Tongues and that experience absolutely testifies of that. We vowed never to be unprepared for teaching again. We were an absolute train wreck. However we taught her again yesterday and we retaught the restoration. (yeah it was that bad) and I told whole first vision in Tagalog. It is powerful in every language. To prove it Im going to write it and I dont have it with me so this is memory:

Ako ay nakikita ng isang hiligi na tama tamng sa tapat sa aking ulo
higit pa sa liwanag ng araw. Ng dahang-dahan pumaba hangin sa ito ay 
pumalibot sa akin. Nang Tamuon sa akin ng liwanag, nakikita ako ng
dalawang kautahan, na ang liwanag at malhatian ay hindi kayong 
masalarawan. Nakatayo sa hangin sa itaas ko. 
Ang isa sa kanilla na salita sa akin. Itinatawag ako sa aking pangalan,
at nagasabi, Itinituro ang isa--- Ito ang Pinakammahal na anak, Pakinggan Siya!
Sorry I accidentally hit send! So if you haven't tread the first part of this email go there first. But I know that that story is true and despite the few grammar errors i Probably made, the story is just as true in Tagalog. The spirit testifies of it.
Now onto the funny stories. We were teaching one of our investigators and I was telling him (in Tagalog) how the commandments help us. And I was teaching him how the make us happy. So I said "Following the commandment brings happiness" in Tagalog the word for happiness is Masaya but When I was telling him this I kept saying the word Masama. Pretty similar words right? Well I realized after I had said it a few times that I was truly telling him the that "following the commandments brings evil" haha so hilarious looking back on it. Another funny thing that happened is we were doing practice role plays and I was saying in Tagalog "Christ guided the blind" the word for blind is bulag however I kept saying bugol. So I was telling them that "Christ guided the coconuts" 
But anyways. All is well here and like always I thank you all for the kind words. Im so excited to get to the Philippines and my time here in the MTC is half over! or pretty close anyways. Keep the Philippines in your prayers during this time when they are having these storms. Love you all and hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment