Can you guys believe Its week two already?! I just got here
yesterday! Where does the time go? Its great hearing from all of you.
Since my P-day is on Saturday I get to recharge my spirits with all the
kind words for you and it makes for a nice weekend! The Language is
progressing really well. The thing is we learn so much everyday but it
doesn't feel as overwhelming anymore. We learned verb conjugation for
past present and future as well as possessives the past couple days. I
didnt learn those until the end of French two in high school. So i guess
that means that we learned more in a week and a half than I did in two
years of French. That leads me to believe Ill know more Tagalog than
French by next week! Haha! So cool. Half of our branch leaves on Monday
to the Philippines, im so jealous! but we will be there soon. But that
makes us move up in the branch because there are two new districts
coming in next Wednesday so we wont be the youngest anymore! Im actually
really excited to meet them. I genuinely love all of the people who are
going to the Philippines with us because I remember the first day I got
here and can't wait to talk to these people and make them feel at home.
We have a new teacher his name is Brother Solderquist and he is the
bomb. He taught is and helped us memorize part of the first vision in
Tagalog. Ill write it in an email when I can recite the whole thing!
Maybe next week :) Its weird some thoughts come in Tagalog now. Some
things like hello, thank you and and what? but its still really cool.
Elder McCausland from my district sleeps on the bunk above me and one
night I woke up because he was speaking Tagalog in his sleep! Hes a
white kid from Florida! Amazing!The food here hurts your body so bad
haha. Right after you eat it feels like your chest is going to explode.
So Ive started eating more cereal and fruit haha they are safer! We've
really slipped into the routine though! The days here feel like hours
back home. I can't believe we leave exactly one month from today. My
companions and I and some other members of our district are kinda sick
but I feel better today. So no worries! One of the things that I have
grown to love here I singing hymns, they get stuck in my head all day
haha. But we sing in Tagalog during class and when we shower we all sing
together in English! Its hilarious. What else is new... Oh yeah! We
start teaching two new investigators on Monday. The investigators here
in the training center are just teachers but they are acting as people
who they taught on their missions so it really feels like teaching a
Filipino and is really helpful in learning how to teach. All is well
here and I hope for the best for all of you!
Love,
Elder David Petersen
The picture of the candy is when we went trick or treating around the
dorms, people's families send them so much stuff that everyone is really
generous
Elder McCausland (far left) and Elder Sefita (middle on the chair) are
companions and the two guys next to me are Elder Kocherhans is next on
my right and next to him is Elder Rogers
the last picture is just of my bed
No comments:
Post a Comment