Saturday, November 16, 2013

Week 1 MTC 10.26.13

Hey all,
Kumusta po tayong? Thank you guys for the email! Today is my first P-day so i will be able to email on Saturdays. Its been quite the experience here so far. Everyday we speak more and more Tagalog. The routine is basically we wake up at 630 then we have 45 minutes to get ready then we go to breakfast, which i have actually been eating since I have been here! Its kinda weird but at night i go to bed and I feel a little bit hungry so I fall asleep and I wake up and the hunger is still there. Even though thats a really small things its something that i worried about so its been cool to see that! After breakfast we go to class and learn gospel in Tagalog. Very rarely do we have just language class. We learn Tagalog through the gospel which makes sense because thats what we will be teaching. Its very cool. I have gained a huge testimony of the gift of tongues. We pray for it an average of 6 times a day. And personally I pray for it before every time i know I will have to speak sa Tagalog. After class we have lunch. Yeah, class is 3 hours long. then we usually have gym time and personal study time before dinner then we have more class. However since today is p-day we will be going to the temple. Ill report back on that but it will be cool to be in the temple with mga kasama ko (my companions) and the rest of my district as well. I said a little on this in the letter i sent to lincoln, which will be to you in the next few days sometime but my companions and I literally laugh all day long, every one of us have a funny side so there is never a dull moment. Mga kasama ko are Elder Rogers and Elder Kocherhans. They are both really nice guys and we laugh a lot. We speak Tagalog as much as we can even if its just small things like Thanks (Salamat po) or hurry! (balis-balis!) Tagalog is such a cool language and the gift of tongues has allowed us through the spirit to learn it very quickly. We have to remind ourselves to not be too hard on ourselves for not knowing a ton because its only the fourth day! And in that light we know more than we possibly could without the gift of tongues. We pray every night in Tagalog and we bear testimony sa Tagalog as well. That accent is funny when we get out of class it takes a minute to adjust back to not using it and I think that will only get worse haha. The spirit is so strong though and we pray officially like 15 times a day but really this whole place is like a prayer. I love you guys and I hope you don't miss me too much because I dont have time to miss you as much as I probably should! I want to write and much of my testimony as I can to you guys it will be short but it will get longer. I actually forgot my notebook so this is all from memory: 
Alam ko po na buhay si Jesucristo at tagapagligas po si Jesucristo. 
Alam ko po na mahal tayong Diyos.
Alam ko po na panalagen si diyos ang kalakasan. 
Alam ko po na totoong koloob ng mga wika
si panalagen ni Jesucristo, Amen

Thanks to all you guys it helps a lot knowing I have people Who love me back home all the mail and Email is really fun. I will return any letters I get physically throughout the week but if you email me ill see it a week from Today! Overall though Im having a blast! 

Love you all,
Elder David Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment