Monday, March 3, 2014

Illagan: Tumawini 2nd 3.3.14

So this week I said goodbye to my Tatay (it means father in Tagalog) Its mission slang for my trainer. That was on Wednesday. On Tuesday we went around and taught some members and some less-actives so that Elder Espino could say goodbye. It made me realize that the day that I leave this area I will definitely cry. Just thinking about that hurts but that what we have to deal with out here. I love the people here so much. But anyways on Wednesday we rode a bus down to Cauayan and I left my umbrella on the bus by accident (don't worry mom it isnt the one you bought me, it was a cheap one i bought here). Anyways my companion headed out son after to his new area in Santiago City (He must have very strong faith because thats where hes been wanting to get transferred), and I proceeded to wait for 6 hours for my new companion to arrive from Tugegarao. 

My New companions name is Elder Domingo. Filipino of course. He is from a city called Bocolod on the Island of Bisayas. We have a lot in common: Tagalog isn't our native language. We both like Blizzard games (mainly Diablo), we both like chips and soda, and we are now both assigned in Tumauini. Hes 20 years old and his native language is Bisayas. Hes pretty good at English. We get very good at understanding broken English though so maybe hes just alright. Im teaching him though because he wants to get a job at a call center after his mission. Hes been out for around 9 months, and is super good at teaching and being friendly. Im already learning so much from him in that regard. 

Ive seen a couple miracles this week. Both small but both very significant to me. All last week after I found out my trainer would be transferred I prayed that whoever my companion would be and no matter what their weaknesses would be that they would be able to work well with me. That prayer was answered. Elder Domingo and I have a ton of fun joking together, talking, and teaching. It will be a ton of fun to work with him. The other miracle is one sister who we have been visiting for a couple of months now told us this week she wants to come back to the church and repent for the things shes done wrong in her life. I know its because of the new way we teach and make the people feel comfortable. I have really seen the hand of the lord in my life this week.

A quick summary of all the rest, we are still teaching the 3 kids of a part member family. I have a blast teaching them. We have a new investigator to this week who seems to be very interested and asks a ton of questions. She was a little skeptical about the concept of a living prophet. Elder Domingo tried to explain the reason why but it had no effect. It built my testimony greatly when although Im not as good at the language as my Filipino companion, I asked her "Who do you think God loves more: the people from the bible or the people of our generation." Or course she replied "the same". I was able to explain that since God loves all his children the same why would he give Christ's church the guidance of a living prophet in one dispensation and not another. I gained a testimony that when the spirit enlightens your mind on how to explain something you need to speak up. 

I would like to end on that note. God loves us the same as all the people before us and all the people after us. Thats why he is still a God of miracles. Pray for miracles. Have Faith. I know you will see the result. I love you all and hope you se a miracle this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment