Monday, March 24, 2014

Illagan: Tumawini 2nd 3.24.14

This week has been pretty awesome. Elder Domingo have been trying to teach more while we find. As missionaries we are supposed to teach while we find and find while we teach. We usually are asking for referrals but we have been struggling with the teaching while we find. But we have a new investigator this week because we decided to give it a try. She is super nice but she just keeps saying She already believes all the things we a re telling her. If thats true then I guess she will be baptized soon haha! We'll see what happens. 

The super good news for this week is we will baptize 4 people this week. We moved their baptism back a week because they missed church last week but they all came on Sunday so as long as they all pass the baptismal interview we will be good. We have been working super hard with them to prepare them so they should be fine. Its been super fun to see this family grow. The story is the mother who I have been teaching for the past 4 months got baptized last year just a few months after her husband passed away. They have 6 children and another family living in the same house. We are baptizing all the kids who are in the Part member family who are over 8. Its been a ton of fun teaching them. They all want to serve missions now. As in when we leave they try and follow us to our other appointments because they want to participate in missionary work. Its super funny as well because they never sue dot wear watched before but because they saw E. Domingo and I wearing watches and now they all magically have watches and wear them everyday now haha! I have a blast going there and teaching and being with that family. I hope the day comes when They write me a letter saying that they are all missionaries now. This work is truly amazing.  

We also have a new investigator who is the only nonmember in his whole family. Everyone always says that he doesnt want to meet with the missionaries but when My companion sat down next to him they realized they are both from Bocolod and they started speaking Hiligaynon. So we taught him after church on Sunday and I dont know what everyone was saying because that guy is like a super prepared individual. Maybe its just his time now. I pray that it is and that he progresses. He goes back to Manila in a month so I hope we can baptize him here if not we'll have to refer him to the missionaries down there. As long as he gets baptized so he can enjoy they the blessings with his family It doesnt really matter. 

Im doing great here over in the Philippines though. Im super excited for our baptisms this week and we are so blessed to be able to work in this area with these amazing people. I may be transferring soon so I am just enjoying everyday here in Tumauini. I make memories everyday that I know that I wont forget. I love you all and hope you are doing amazing! Dont forget to smile and pray always!





No comments:

Post a Comment