Hello po!
I am here everyone! And it really is as hot as everyone says it is. Right now I'm writing in a tiny internet shop and Its probably 95 degrees in here with 100% of course. And these are the cold months... Fans are my new best friend I cant sleep without it. But my other new best friend is my new companion Elder Espino! He is a native Filippino from Metro Manila. I dont know how to describe this place because you can only really understand it by living here. Ill try: We ride everywhere in and on top of Tricycles (they are motorcycles with covered open side cars) I love riding on top because the wind feels amazing. Hopefully I can attach a picture to this but I dont know if the internet will be fast enough but it is beautiful here. Hot and beautiful. We have taught many people here already in the Tumawini 2nd ward (my area here is Illagan and my area is the Tumawini 2nd). Everyone here lives differently than I have ever seen. Almost all here have dirt floors, thatched roofs and bamboo or tin walls. But I dont notice it too much anymore because thats just how it is. Our apartment is nice (for here) though, its has floors and I get my own fan. So far its been a blast though, we have taught 18 lessons in the 4 days I have been here. We have 3 new investigators and 1 of them will probably get baptized, so excited! The food here is basically just rice and whatever meat the people could afford. For my meals though I have been eating a lot of Filipino hot dogs and toast with mango jam. Its funny you know how in America Hunts is like the lame brand? Here its like the best brand there is. Today is P-day though so we have been shopping and washing our clothes (by hand). I don't know what else to say because I could talk all day about how different it is here but I love it and even though Its hard for me to understand alot of the Tagalog here (its is heavily Illikano influenced here in Tumawini) I love the people and I love going our and serving everyday. Yesterday in church was the Primary program and it was so cute. All the kids here (they are everywhere) always yell when we walk past they say "Hey Joe" or "Hey man" or "Americano" but they always want me to wave and the younger ones always come running up in groups of like 10 to shake our hands and give high fives. The funny thing is they remember my name. When we walk by the same way they say "Babay Elder Petersen". Everyone here is so nice they are always trying to feed us and give us drinks. Its a crazy place but I love it and I love the people and I can't wait to keep teaching the people who I have taught so far. They need this message. Because its true. I love you all and I hope you enjoy your week in the cold.
-Elder David Petersen






No comments:
Post a Comment