Hows the good old fashioned American Christmas Season treating you all?!
Lets me try and paint a picture of what Christmas is like here. First
of all its 90 degrees and rains HARD every day. I dont know if any of
you have ever tried to do laundry by hand and then hang dry it in the
rain. But it doesnt really work. The next is all the kids here walk
through the streets caroling but the only way to get them to leave is by
paying them. Some call that caroling, I call it blackmail. The town has
been nuts with everyone going to market for gifts for their kids. We
dont have a Christmas tree or any decorations but we are going to make
some deserts and buy candy so It will be decent. We are going to have a
Christmas party at the Church on Christmas day. Games food and Candy.
Should be fun. I know hat everyone in America would hate to have a
Christmas party at the church on Christmas, but I really like it here
because otherwise for a lot of the kids Christmas would just be like any
other day. So its good they get to go play games and eat candy. The
parents here try but the just simply isnt any extra money to celebrate
holidays. What else... We traveled to Cauayan last Thursday for
Christmas Devotional but it was more of a party. They had actual mashed
potatoes so it was worth the two hour ride. But get this. We went to
zone meeting last week and it takes an hour to get there. We always take
a van (its like their public transportation here) guess how many people
they crammed into the van? Let me add that this van is smaller than the
standard American Soccer mom minivan. 19 people. Yes 19! How crazy is
that?! Christmas has been a ton of fun though, its the perfect excuse to
tie all of our lesson back to the savior. It was fun last night we read
and explained the birth of Christ from Luke 2 to a bunch of kids. Its
cool because I speak Tagalog on about there level. Haha! Also before I
forget I need to tell you all the weird things I have eaten. In the past
3 weeks Ive eaten: Squid, a bunch of types of fish, Balot (for those of
you who dont know what Balot is look it up) and every type of pancit
under the sun. now to the good stuff:
Sis Jobele is still on track to be baptized on Jan 14 we are so lucky to have here she is the bomb. We teach her twice a week and they always feed us after. That family is so nice.
Sister venus came to church yesterday! she was a little late so I was
kinda sad bu tthen when she finally came I almost dropped the sacrament
tray I was holding. You have no idea how awesome it is as a missionary
to see people actually do what they say they are going to do!
We have a few more investigators but they arent
progressing very much yet. We also had a bunch of our less actives come
to church yesterday! All of our work paid off! Woohoo! Haha
Thanks you all for your support Love you all and Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! (Maligayang Pasko!!)

the beautiful sky here and of course some baka! (cows)

the house of sister Gangan who is the nicest woman on this whole planet.
our investigator sister Venus and a couple of
here kids and a ton of other random kids that like to listen to us
because im white haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment