Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dupax Del Norte: 5.26.14

Well everyone im in Dupax del Norte. (DEW-POX) As in Mountain DEW and then Chicken POX. And the greatest news of all is that I made it to the mountains! Im in one of the prettiest areas in the mission! We have a small branch here but we have a good meeting house! We also have missionaries in Del Sur and they only have a shack for their sacrament meeting haha! But this area is amazing. We live in the jungle here in the mountains and most of the people here live in little small bamboo shacks with thatched roofs. The other thing is although Im fluent in Filipino (Tagalog) most of the people here speak Ilocano. Most of the time we can communicate through simple Tagalog but sometimes its impossible and we have to bring one of the members of our Branch to translate! Life here is definetly different! The water here we shower with is so freezing because we are higher in elevation but so is the weather so you give and you take haha! 

 The work here is cool. Its definitely slower than my last area but the Branch is very organized and we have lots of help from the members. Im hoping we can turn this area into something amazing by the end of my time here! 

My new companion is Elder Pacate. Its always kind of funny whenever I say his name I think im going to mess up and say Macate which means Itchy in Tagalog. Hes super funny and kind of crazy in a really hilarious way. So were going to have fun! Hes super hard working too which I have been praying my new companion would be. 

I havent had much of a chance to meet many people to talk about in this email so next week I will tell you about the people here, but this morning since its P-day we went hiking and I got some pictures on top of the mountain. 

Well, thank you all for your prayers and your love! I hope you all enjoy the pictures and Ill talk to you soon!

The one picture with the missionary standing in the doorway is the chapel in del sur! So crazy right?








No comments:

Post a Comment