Every chance we got this week we taught people about Easter and the Resurrection of the savior! That was a ton of fun. We taught that to all our members, investigators and our less active members! Always what it came back to is there a lot of people doing many different things all around the world on this Holiday to remember Jesus Christ but the thing we ought to be doing is the thing that he himself gave us to remember him and his sacrifice. And that is the sacrament!
The savior knew he would be leaving for a long time so he gave the people the sacrament so that in this time that we are awaiting his return. It was amazing this week to teach families that they will live again because Jesus broke the bonds of death that they may no longer hold the sons of men. There wa a few kids that I asked what will happen after they die and they didnt know. It was such an amazing experience to get to to tell them that they will live again after their mortal body dies. And "in that day our mortal will put on its immortal".
The other thing thats awesome this week is that the baptism is still on for our investigator for the 30th. He told us this week that when the other missionaries who taught him before would come he would be very nice to them. But he cried this week when he told us that we truly are messengers of God and he knows because every time we teach him he can feel the spirit and it testifies to him of the truth. We need to work hard and find more progressing investigators but I have grown to love that man and his family so much! And I am so excited for his baptism in the upcoming weeks!
The last thing I want to say is that I have found one of my strength as a missionary! The truth is that I am scared to talk to people most of the time, I know that everyone thinks that missionaries are fearless but its not quite true. However I love playing with kids, I always love to talk to them and join in on the games they are playing, and if nothing else I will always tlak to them and have them teach me some Ibinag or Ilocano (those are the other two languages in my area). But I dicovered this week that If im going to play with them then the parents are going to come and see what we are doing and then we introduce they gospel to all of them. Its just good to see that missionaries are just regular people as well. So its been a ton of fun my whole mission to do that and I have seen many good things come from the people we meet by just being kind and genuine to everyone.



No comments:
Post a Comment