Monday, January 6, 2014

Illagan: Tumawini 2nd 1.6.14

Hello everyone! Its kind of weird to think that I only get to write you all like 85 more times. My second cycle as a missionary is almost over. I just have one more cycle of training left now. This week has been pretty awesome. First on this list has to be our baptism on Saturday. Im going to make the program for it right after I am done emailing. Want the big news?! She chose me to baptize her! I get to baptize Sister Jobele on Saturday! I am literally so excited and grateful. We finished teaching her this past week and she has a flawless church attendance record and she is more than prepared for her interview. Im so stoked on it! Guess my mom didnt buy those white pants for no reason! Haha! I will report back next week after the baptism but I have a feeling this week is going to fly with something that awesome to look forward to! Before I get back to the spiritual things I am going to lay down some temporal things I learned this week. If you know exactly where to go in our open market you can find potatoes. Tonight I will be eating mashed potatoes and gravy and me and my companion are going half on a roasted chicken. It will be the best thing I have eaten in 2 months. So today is a good day. Okay sorry about that I just had to tell you all! But we have our other investigator with a baptismal date, but she wasnt able to come to church on Sunday. Its heartbreaking. Investigators are allowed to miss one Sunday so that was her one Sunday. If she misses another we have to postpone her baptism and that would be the hardest thing I will have ever had to do. The rest of our investigators are progressing slowly. We have a couple new investigators but there is one family in particular that I am growing to love. We have been teaching their daughter the past week and the last couple times we have gone there the Father has been listening to. He heard us teaching the first part of Plan of Salvation and like literally could not wait to read the pamphlet and find out what his purpose was before this life, what is now, and where he is going after. It was awesome to see that excitement. I hope we can get them to start keeping some commitments now.
New years Eve was nuts here. We climbed onto our landlords house. Guess that rockclimbing skill came in handy on my mission after all. But in every direstion at midnight there was hundreds of fireworks going off. The good kind of fireworks of course. It reminded me of like a bombing in England in WW2. Its was super awesome though. I dont know if I have much else to say this wek other than I hope this email finds you all in good spirits and health and Ill talk you all again soon!
I threw some other people on this email who I dont normally send picture too but hese ones are so good they ned to be sen by more people!

This is the email I wrote to my friend Zach who is also serving in the Philippines. I thought you all might be curious how casual speech is written.
Haha Gustong gusto ko ang mga bata dito. Itinitawag nila ako Elder Puti minsan. Pero Gusto ko kung kailan sinabi nila "Magic Americano". Kasi Alam ko na ang Maraming magic trick. at Isip nila na Magic Ako. Nakatawa ito. Mahal ko iyan. I am having so much fun here and I hope all is going well with your companion. My first cycle here is almost over I guess that puts you at about half! Grabe! Sobrang baslis ito! Yung buong mission ko ay mahirap pero Isip ko na ang city ay sobrang iba. Hindi ko alam, Pero naniniwala ko sa iyo. Patuloy kayo nagtratrabaho. We will make it through!

And now some pictures!

They are me and my entire batch.

The center of my town.

And like always a group of kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment